Life nowadays has become mechanical and people do not have time to take care of their body fitness. People are suffering from many health problems andblood pressure is one of the main health issuesexperienced by many.
Dealing with Hypertension
Low blood pressure, also called as hypotension, affects many individuals throughout the world. When there is a dip in the blood pressure below the normal range, then it is known as low blood pressure. The normal range of blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg. But, in patientswith low blood pressure this range will be 90/60 mmHg. Blood pressure monitors help you measure the range, and monitor the BP levels of your body all the time.
Causes of Low Blood Pressure
The causes of low blood pressure may be malnutrition or improper diet. When there is lack of proteins, calories, vitamin B, and vitamin C, it can cause malnutrition. The additional cause would be emotional instability or loss of blood in the person. You have to keep in mind that change of life style will help you to stay fit and control low blood pressure.
8 Ways to Control Your Blood Pressure
Here are 8handy tips to control low blood pressure -
- Drink maximum water to keep your body hydrated. In case of dehydration, there is a drop in the blood volume, which causes drop in pressure. Drink at least 8 to 9 glasses of water per day as this helps the body to be sufficiently hydrated.
- Keeping your lap flex will help in making the pressure support to normal
- As warm up is important before starting any exercise, it is important that your body should cool down after exercisein the same way. The blood pressure may drop down if you stop any exercise in middle; so, try to avoid this.
- Avoid drinking alcohol like whisky or wine since it will not help in any ways to control your blood pressure. Instead, drink lots of water or any healthy drink like fruit juices. This helps your body to be healthy and fit.
- Another important thing, which can keep low blood pressure in control, is salt. Increase the salt intake in your regular food. But, the amount of salt intake to be increased may differ from person to person; so it is advised to consult your doctor.
- While sleeping,always keep your head prominent as this helps in adapting to upright situation.
- You have to be health conscious and see to that you exercise regularly. Stretching exercise helps to maintain a tab in your blood pressure level.
- Meals should not be heavy since it causes blood to run towards digestive area, inturn leading to unsatisfactory supply of blood to different organs. Always consume low calorie meals, which help blood to flow equally to the all the body parts.
So, follow these 8tips to see an improvement in your blood pressure levels within a short span of time. And, whenever you feel dizzy, make it a point to monitor your BP using the blood pressure monitoring systems, and see a doctor immediately in case of emergency.
According to the latest stats, about 65 million US citizens suffer from high blood pressure problems. This can increase the burden on kidneys and heart, which may pose higher risk of a heart attack, stroke or kidney failure.
If you’re a patient of high blood pressure problems, then you must know that it’s the biggest risk factor for stroke, and you must exercise extreme caution to keep your BP at safe levels, and minimize the intake of salt.
Trey McDougal has been fighting blood pressure problems for last 6 years, and in the process he has learned how vital the blood pressure monitorsreally are, to all the patients.